The latest in the series highlights German electronic music from the 1970s through the ’80s.
Soul Jazz Records is releasing the fourth volume of its
Deutsche Elektronische Musik compilatio series.
This latest edition arrives on October 16th, featuring classic German electronic and Krautrock groups from the 1970s and 80s. The compilation’s roster includes tracks from the likes of Can, Harmonia, Conrad Schnitzler, Agitation Free, Amon Duul II and Roedelius.
The release will come as a triple-vinyl set, as well as a double-CD edition. David Stubbs, author of the books Future Days: Krautrock And The Building Of Modern Germany, Mars By 1980: The Story Of Electronic Music and Krautrock: Cosmic Rock And Its Legacy, contributes liner notes.
The third volume of Deutsche Elektronische Musik was released in 2017.
01. Alex – Patella Black
02. Klaus Weiss – Driving Sequences
03. Can – I’m So Green
04. Agitation Free – Laila, Part II
05. Deutsche Wertarbeit – Guten Abend, Leute
06. Amon Düül II – Wolf City
07. Michael Rother – Flammende Herzen
08. Klaus Weiss – Pink Sails
09. Virus – My Strand-Eyed Girl
10. Conrad Schnitzler – Ballet Statique
11. Kalacakra – Nearby Shiras
12. EMAK – Tanz In Den Himmel
13. Et Cetera – Mellodrama 2a
14. Between – Triumphzug Kaiser Maximilian I
15. Roedelius – Halmharfe
16. Dzyan – Dragonsong
17. Harmonia – Deluxe (Immer Wieder)
18. Günter Schickert – Suleika
19. Witthüser & Westrupp – Schöpfung (1. Mose 1)
Soul Jazz will release Deutsche Elektronische Musik 4 on October 16th, 2020.